April 25, 2009

A Home Exchange on the Gold Coast of Australia

Another great opportunity has come my way for a home exchange!

I have been preparing for my 3 week exchange to Australia since July, when I was first contacted by Warren and Pamela of Benowa in Queensland. To read their description of their home and the area made it impossible for me to decline.

One of the reasons I am so excited about this exchange, aside from the fact that it's in Australia, is that it just so happens to be in the same area as the very first home exchange I had in December 2006 in Southport. Both Benowa and Southport are right at Surfer's Paradise, where the Aussies go to vacation!

On this trip I am looking forward to visiting the Great Barrier Reef along with a trip to the Currumbin Wildlife Sancturary for the chance to mingle with the kangaroos and hold a Koala Bear! And of course spending some time on those great beachs of the Gold Coast!

It's April 23 and I am now on my flight to the land "Down Under". I am flying with "V Australia, Virgin Airlines' newest addition. I was able to get a great airfare of $674.00 round trip from Los Angeles to Brisbane. I booked my fight seperately for the round trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles through Southwest for only $125.00. I've learned that it is much cheaper to do it this way when I'm flying because airlines are always offering low fares when you fly out of LA to places like the South Pacific or Asia, but when you try to book that same flight round trip from Las Vegas you will pay an additional $300-$400. So you can save yourself some money by booking your round trip from LAS to LAX separetely.

I am happy here in my window seat and I have already been sitting here for 9 hours....only 5 1/2 more to go! Well that gets me to Sydney and then I have another 1 1/2 hour flight to Brisbane.

Be sure to check back soon to see how I spent my first day in the land "Down Under"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love reading your comments!

Have a Fabulous Day!
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails